- Food Processor
- Large bowl
- Fine Mesh Sieve
- 1½ cups cocoa powder
- 18 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped fine
- 2 Tbsps vanilla paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1¼ cups confectioner’s sugar
- 6 cups dried milk
- The cocoa powder, vanilla, and chopped chocolate were processed in batches in the food processor until it all resembled a powder. This mixture was sifter and the process repeated until everything was fine enough to go through a fine mesh sieve into a large bowl. I had no issues with this process but if your mixture starts to get sticky or your chocolate looks like it’s melting, add some of the confectioner’s sugar to keep things a nice even powder.
- The other ingredients were added in and everything was whisked together.
- From my testing, I found that 4 Tbsp of mixture per cup of liquid is best. A thin milk, such as nonfat milk or a milk substitute is better because it’s less heavy and less dominant in the drink. For me I used half water and half whole milk because it’s what I had in the house.