- Rolling Pin
- 1 batch of basic croissant dough
- 1/4 cup strawberry jam
- 2 Tbsp freeze dried strawberry powder
- 2 Tbsp ground walnuts
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp water
- After the major fail of test 1 I was brainstorming how to get jam into my croissant without the detrimental effects of the extra moisture. After my experience with how drying freeze-dried strawberries can be from my two-toned dough experiment, I thought this might be the exact effect I need for the jam filling. I mixed my jam with the freeze dried strawberries and for a little extra texture and to mellow out the flavor I also added some ground walnuts.
- For this test I made the croissants in a roll shape by cutting out my croissant dough into 3 x 6 inch rectangles and adding about 1 Tablespoon of filling into each one.
- The croissants were treated the same as in the Basic Croissant Dough: Test 2 and allowed to rise for 2 hours and slightly jiggly, coated in egg wash made from beating 1 egg with 1 Tablespoon of water, and baked at 390°F for 22 minutes.