- Food Processor
- 12 oz cranberries, 1 bag
- 2 small apples
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 orange, peeled
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- I started by adding the cranberries, the whole peeled orange, nutmeg, ginger and 1 cup of sugar to the food processor and running it until finely pureed.
- When I tasted it at this point, it was too tart and I opted for another 1/4 cup of sugar. Unfortunately, the relish was still too tart!
- My solution this time was to add two apples that I had on the verge of going bad. It worked! It brought the tartness down quite a bit but now the whole thing was too sweet. Omit that last 1/4 cup is my recommendation and you’ll have a well balanced relish.. I suspect it will ferment sooner than spoil.
- Throw it into a storage container. You’re done. How easy was that? This should last at least 2 weeks though I’ll keep you posted as mine sits in the fridge. At 2 weeks it’s still going strong. (A month later it had still not spoiled but I no longer felt willing to eat it past 1 month).